There are several excellent places to seek accurate and timely information in Maltese on Covid-19. These are great resources on how we can all keep ourselves and our loved ones safe during this pandemic, and where people can seek further health, social and financial support.
The following websites and pages provide information in Maltese:
- The Australian Department of Home Affairs – https://covid19inlanguage.homeaffairs.gov.au/mt
- Health – Saħħa: https://covid19inlanguage.homeaffairs.gov.au/mt/sahha
- Education Support – Edukazzjoni: https://covid19inlanguage.homeaffairs.gov.au/mt/edukazzjoni
- Business & Financial Support – Negozju u Appoġġ Finanzarju: https://covid19inlanguage.homeaffairs.gov.au/mt/appogg-ghan-negozju-u-finanzjarju
- Community Safety and Settlement Services – Servizzi tas-Sigurtà Komunitarja u tal-iSsettiljar: https://covid19inlanguage.homeaffairs.gov.au/mt/servizzi-tas-sigurta-komunitarja-u-tal-issettiljar
- Visas and the Border – Viżi u Frotiera: https://covid19inlanguage.homeaffairs.gov.au/mt/vizi-u-fruntiera
- NSW Government Covid-19: https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19 and choose Maltese in the top-right ‘Language’ menu – Għażel ‘Maltese’ mill-menu ‘Language’ fuq il-lemin ‘il fuq.
- SBS Malti: https://www.sbs.com.au/language/maltese/coronavirus-updates
Who to call – Min tista ċċempel
Questions and support
- Call 1800 020 080 (24/7) for health questions or to check symptoms.
- Call 13 77 88 (24/7) for non-health related questions.
- Call 1800 512 348 (24/7) for mental wellbeing support
- Visit www.healthdirect.gov.au to check symptoms.
- Visit www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19 for all other COVID-19 related information
Save Triple Zero (000) for emergencies such as difficulty breathing or shortness of breath at rest.
For free help in your language call 13 14 50.
If you have symptoms
If you have a fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, runny nose, loss of taste, or loss of smell:
- Get tested immediately and self-isolate until you receive a negative result. Call your GP or visit a public COVID-19 clinic: www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19
- Travel in your own car or a private car driven by a family member or an existing close contact. Do not travel by public transport, taxi or ride-share service.
- Wear a surgical mask. If unavailable, ask for one immediately when you arrive.